Outlook meeting addin
The Outlook Meeting Add-in is a MegaMeeting Utility that allows you to create, join, and end meeting from your Microsoft Outlook interface. Both Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Office 2007 are compatible with the Outlook Meeting Add-in. This article will show you how to install the add-in and how to use it effectively.
Installing the Outlook Meeting Add-in
- Log into your MegaMeeting account as a host and click on the Utilities button in the top left-hand portion of the screen.
- Click on Outlook Meeting Add-in
- For most web browsers including FireFox and Chrome, click on the Save button.
- For Internet Explorer, you also have the option to Run the file. Do whichever you prefer.
- If you've saved the file, you must open it from where ever it has saved to. Double click on the Outlook Meeting Add-in icon.
- Depending upon your computer's settings, you might or might not see the option to 'Run' the file. Click on 'Run' if you do.
- You'll see a series of windows as part of the installation process.
- When the installation is complete, click on the finish button.
- If you currently have Microsoft Outlook open, 'Exit' the application from the 'File' menu. When you re-open Outlook, you will be re ready to use the Outlook Meeting Add-in.
Using the Outlook Meeting Add-in
- Open Microsoft Outlook and look for the button in the top left that says 'My Meetings'.
- Click on 'My Meetings' to see what your options are. You can Join an existing meeting, create a new meeting, end an existing meeting, upload your contacts, and make your settings.
- Click on 'Settings' and you'll see how you connect the Outlook Meeting Add-in to your MegaMeeting Account.
- The 'Domain Name' is the website you go to in order to log into your MegaMeeting account.
- Type in your username and password for your MegaMeeting Account.
- Click on 'Test Login' to make sure it's accepted and then click on 'Save'.
- You can upload your contacts from Outlook to MegaMeeting's online invitation system. If you do this, you'll have a new folder called 'Uploaded Contacts' inside of your MegaMeeting interface. To do so, click on 'Upload Contacts'.
- Select a few contacts, or select them all to upload. Then click on 'OK' when your contacts have been uploaded successfully.
- Joining, creating and ending meetings will be the same as the online MegaMeeting interface.
- When you create a meeting using the Outlook Meeting Add-in, an Outlook calendar appointment opens. This is the same as a Meeting Invitation. Send this to the people who you'd like to invite to your meeting.
- If they are also Outlook users, they will get a calendar appointment in their Outlook Calendar.