This guide will help a new user get started attending a Meeting. The table of contents will allow you quick access to each section of this guide. If you need further assistance, please contact your Meeting Host or our Technical Support department.
Joining a Meeting
- Open the web browser of your choice (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc..)
- Enter the URL that was given to you by the Meeting Host (Example: http://companyname.megameeting.com)
- Make sure you do not put 'www' before the company name
- Once loaded, click Guest.
- Enter the Meeting Name provided you by the Meeting Host.
- If you have never attended a meeting at the current domain, then the Meeting drop-down menu will be blank.
- If you have attended a meeting at the current domain, then the Meeting drop-down menu will be populated with the names of the Meetings you have previously attended. You may select any number of these Meetings instead of entering a Meeting name.
- Depending upon the options used by the Meeting Host during the Meeting creation, you may or may not see fields in addition to the Your Name.
- Your Name: Enter your name as you want it displayed inside the meeting.
- Your Email Address: Enter your personal Email address. This information may be requested by the Host, therefore it is recommended that you enter valid information.
- Your Password: The password associated with your Email address during registration. Only needed if the meeting requires Registration.
- Your Phone Number: NOT SHOWN IN SCREENSHOT Enter your phone number. This information may be requested by the Host, therefore it is recommended that you enter valid information.
- Meeting Password: If this field is visible, then the meeting requires a password as defined by the Host. If you do not have the meeting password or have forgotten, you must contact your Meeting Host to acquire the password and enter the meeting.
Flash Video & Audio Settings
- Right-click anywhere on the MegaMeeting screen to display the Flash settings options
- Settings...: Select Settings to display the Adobe Flash Player Settings box.
- About Adobe Flash Player [X]...: Shows the current version of Flash installed on your machine. MegaMeeting requires Flash Player 7 or higher.
- Enable Hardware Acceleration improves performance speed of Flash movies. If interface is slow or choppy, try unchecking this option.
- Make sure Allow is checked, which will grant MegaMeeting the ability to use your Camera and Microphone. By checking Remember, this setting will be held in memory and the system will not ask you again.
- Set the bar to at least 100k to ensure MegaMeeting functions properly.
- Select your Microphone device from the drop-down menu. Adjust the volume as needed for microphone loudness.
- Select your Camera device from the drop-down menus.
Inside the Meeting Room
- The Video Window displays your image to everyone inside of the Meeting. Subsequent Video Windows will appear next to it for the Host and other Guests. You can click and drag this window anywhere on the screen. To enlarge the screen, locate the lower-right corner, then click and drag.
- The Voice Over IP (VOIP) Audio Box is your way to control the audio for your connection.
- Press and hold the Hold to Transmit button to transmit audio to everyone in the conference, much like a walkie-talkie.
- Click the Lock button to enable full duplex mode. This will allow you to speak and receive audio freely without holding down the Hold to Transmit button.
- Adjust the Mic Volume level to increase or decrease the loudness of your voice.
- Note; locking audio is recommended only if you and your participants are using headsets to communicate and not external speakers.
- The User Name List displays the names of all participants currently in the Meeting.
- An Orange Arrow to the left of a user's name denotes the Host of the Meeting.
- A Camera or Microphone to the left of a user's name denotes what he / she is currently transmitting to the room.
- The Main Chat Window displays all public messages being sent to and from users in the Meeting. If given rights, users can click on a name in the Main Chat Window to conduct a private chat with the selected user.
- Turn Video On / Off toggles your video video feed on or off. This affects your view as well as everyone else in the room.
- Video Options allows you to change the video settings for your video feed. Allows you to preview the video setting when making changes. For more information, see Video Options.
- Chat Window toggles the Main Chat Window visible or hidden. This affects your view
- ShowMyDesktop allows the Host or a Guest to share his / her desktop with the attendees of the meeting. This option must be turned on by the Meeting Host for it to be accessible by Guests. For more information, see ShowMyDesktop.
- Computer Sharing allows another attendee to take control of your computer and enables file transfer. This option must be turned on by the Meeting Host for it to be accessible by Guests. For more information, see Computer Sharing.
- Bandwidth options helps MegaMeeting optimize your connection for the best possible video / audio. Choose the option that best fits your type of Internet Connection. The options are as follows:
- Help will bring up the MegaMeeting help system.
- Toggles Full Screen mode.
- Toggles Tool Tips on / off.
- Quit the current Meeting and exit MegaMeeting entirely.
- The Meeting Info panel displays the Meeting Name as well as any information needed to call in, if the Meeting features a telephone portion.
- Webcam / Video: The detected input devices on the Guest's computer. Select the appropriate device from the drop-down box.
- Video Frame Rate: The number of frames sent per second (fps). Value between 1- 10.
- Video Resolution: Size of video windows. Depending on the Host bandwidth allotment, this value can be up to 960x720.
- Frame Quality: Detail of each individual frame. Value between 0 (variable) - 100 (high quality).
- Buffer / Delay: Amount of frames stored in memory. Allows seamless video if Internet connection is unstable.
- Video Preview: The Video Preview window will display the video as it will appear with the current settings. If video is choppy or unsatisfactory, make sure to use the Video Preview window to tweak the settings.
- Note; Higher Frame Rate, Resolution, and Quality settings increase bandwidth consumption and thus may effect overall Meeting experience.
Note; Attendees will not see the Noteboard until / if it is initiated by the Meeting Host.
- Once initiated, the Noteboard may be edited by anyone attending the Meeting, including the Host.
- Make Changes allows any user to edit the contents of the Noteboard. Any information that is erased by one Guest is also erased from the Noteboard for all other Guests inside the Meeting.
- Link allows the attendee to enter a click-able link to an external website or document. Clicking the link from inside the Meeting will open a new browser window (or tab) to view the page.
Note; Attendees will not see the Whiteboard until / if it is initiated by the Meeting Host.
- Whiteboard Surface: Anyone in the meeting can add to the Whiteboard surface. This includes all drawing, text and other tools.
- 1 of 3 (Pages): The Whiteboard can be "flipped" forward, revealing a new blank Whiteboard while keeping any previous changes intact.
Note; Attendees will not see the Seating Chart until / if the Feedback option is initiated by the Meeting Host.
- Show Feedback List will display a drop-down box beneath your Voice Over IP (VOIP) Audio Box.
- Use this drop-down box to provide feedback to Host questions, or raise a concern regarding the Meeting.
- This allows Meeting participants to communicate useful information with the Host, such as whether or not they have a question (hand raised), whether or not the Host is going too slow or too fast, etc.
- Responses will be displayed in the attendee list drop down and seating chart box.
- ShowMyDesktop is a MegaMeeting Professional feature that allows a Web Conference participant to show his/her screen to the other participants in an online meeting. ShowMyDesktop is Presentation Software built into MegaMeeting conferences that allows the sharing of a conference participant's screen, allowing the participant to Present any application to the other participants in the meeting room, while at the same time, sharing video and audio.
- What to Show determines which application is displayed to other attendees in a Meeting. The options are as follows:
- Entire Screen: This option will display the entire screen, including the active Meeting to other attendees.
- Select an Application: The user will be prompted to select an active application running on his / her computer to share with other attendees.
- Active Application: Selects the current active application to display to other attendees. Users can change the active program by pressing ALT + Shift.
- Other Device: User must select a device from the drop-down box to be displayed to other attendees inside the Meeting. This device can be a range of things, from a webcam to a screen capturing application.
- Other Options allow the user to select what portions of his / her Meeting interface (or other user's) to display during a ShowMyDesktop session. The options are as follows:
- Show Video Panel: Allows user to select a user's video panel they wish to include from the drop-down menu.
- Show Audio Panel: If checked, shows user's Voice Over IP (VOIP) Audio Box during the ShowMyDesktop session.
- Show Chat Panel: If checked, shows user's Chat Window during the ShowMyDesktop session.
- Allow Fit to Screen: If checked, allows user's to increase the ShowMyDesktop viewing area to fit their entire screen.
- Default to Enabled: If checked, will force Allow Fit to Screen functionality during ShowMyDesktop session.
- Allow Float Panels: If checked, allows user's to move video, chat and other panels around the viewable desktop during the ShowMyDesktop session. If a user moves panels, they will not affect the original panels on the Host's screen. This function can be turned on or off during the session.
- Default to Enabled: If checked, will force Allow Float Panels functionality during ShowMyDesktop session. Does not allow option to be turned on or off during session.
- Load Highlighter...: This feature allows the Host to draw / write on top of the screen (much like Microsoft Powerpoint). This is a plug-in that must be downloaded before being used.
- Allows a Host or Guest (when given rights) to take remote control of the others computer. This feature also allows a Host and Guest to transfer files and simultaneously see what is on the others computer screen.
- When a Host clicks on Computer Sharing..., he / she will be prompted to download the Computer Sharing software. When the dialog box appears, click save. Once the file has finished downloading, double-click it to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, a drop-down box will become available inside the Meeting when Computer Sharing... is clicked. Select the user you wish to give control to and click Send. The chosen attendee will be given a dialog box immediately followed by control of the Host computer.
- To turn off Computer Sharing at anytime, the attendee sharing his / her computer may press CTRL + ALT + DELETE from their machine.